Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I miss Charlie Sheen

What's edgy?



Tim Tebow. Yep.



LeBron James and the Bad Guys of South Beach need to return now.


My brother incessantly pushes Tebow down my throat. He is a Gators fan. But, Martin you and your family are from Boston. Little known fact amongst my Michigan friends, I have been a huge Michigan fan since 1997. I have always liked teams that win me money. I won $10 on their Rose Bowl victory over Ryan Leaf and Wazzu, I was like 8 years old. Though it was the first and only time I have won squares, won the first quarter. Anyways, point is I liked Michigan since I was a kid and my brother likes Florida. My brother has better taste.

I was thinking of troll-liking Tebow, but Rex Ryan beckons to times of yore when decorum was checked at the door (Edgar Allan Poe, I got you in my cross-hairs) and Rob Ryan has BITCHIN hair. But I cant even bring myself to perform that troll. It lies somewhere between pronouncing your love for dubstep (the ultimate troll) and making other people watch the Food Network with you (wait, they are not trolling me, I still dont think I fully understand this trolling thing).

Callin Bullshit. "Nature Boy" Ric Flair's shoes cost more than your house. Killer Mike knows what is up.


O yeah, that incredibly distasteful Rick Perry video is pretty controversial. It is not really unexpected, his base cheered the killing of hundreds on death row (bit biased I am arch pro-life and yes that means anti-death penalty) and booed an American solider who served in Iraq because he was gay. These GOP conventions have me questioning whether I should bother saving this world.

This is not a political blog. However, I love a good troll and some satire. So as sure as "Tebow is the Win made flesh" (all credit goes to Luke Mullan on that gem), the mock videos hit the web. The first and most prominently displayed on my friend's newsfeed follows:




That is a steaming pile of shit. Seriously THAT is the best they got. Ooooooo they called out the power of prayer and mocked God. It is 2011, bro, you seriously need to update your material. You have to go after the artificial, contrived nature of the video. He reacted to a generalized situation with generalizations. The best trolls happen as a function of the situation. If it was not for the jacket and the presentation, that could just be some pencil-neck geek doing a hack-job on a George Carlin bit. Thank God for Stephen Colbert.

Now unsurprisingly, this video is a big hit. Sadly, I think this is just representative of a culture that is complacent with the mediocre and the cookie-cutter. The content of this video spewed every trite barb in the book and thus presented the bare minimum. Of course, if they did something edgy they risked alienating the some people. I mean this is a relative slam dunk. So why fuck it up? Because the one-handed windmill looks so much cooler than the safe two-handed dunk.Well color me unimpressed.

Mick Mars once answered "Clear" to question of what his favorite color is. Colo me impressed.

I still need the appeal of the Food Network explained to me. While you are at it can you explain Lil Wayne to me?

I miss Charlie Sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment